Tonkotsu Ramen is a delicious broth generally prepared by boiling pork bones in water for up to eighteen hours, creating a beautiful, cloudy in appearance broth. Here’s my review on Yamasa Tonkotsu Ramen Broth Concentrate.
*This post contains affiliate links/ads, anything purchased through these links I may receive a commission. This money helps support my blog, Hungry Always.
Yamasa Broth is inspired by flavors from Northern Japan’s most popular ramen shops, it features rich body with delicate fermentation and earthy notes. This concentrate is on the pricer side at $10.99, but it says you get 8 servings. So, Is it worth it?
The instructions are very simple; add 2 tablespoons of Yamasa Ramen Broth Concentrate into 8 oz of hot water. Then add your favorite noodles and toppings. This is what I had around the house to use:
- Hakubaku Ramen Noodles
- Mango jalapeño sausages
- raw white onions
- boiled eggs
Now…. Does it compare to real deal Tonkotsu ramen?
My honest review of the broth concentrate is it actually has a pretty delicious tonkotsu flavor, really close to takeout! I did not have to add any extra seasonings (salt pepper etc) so this will be a staple item for me! Yes it is pricey, but it will last me at least half a dozen bowls of yummy ramen, so it is totally worth it.
Here’s the recipe I used for 2-3 servings
Easy Tonkotsu Ramen
- 4 tbsp Yamasa Tonkotsu Ramen Broth Concentrate
- 2 servings of Hakubaku Ramen Noodles
- 2 Mango jalapeno Sausages, pan fried and thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 raw white onions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- Prep veggies, sausages and eggs.
- Boil water enough to cover 2 servings of ramen noodles in a medium size pot. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes and then drain
- In another medium pot, heat 1 tsp of oil and sautee garlic for 1 minute. Add 16 oz of water and bring to a simmer. Add 4 tbsp of Tonkotsu ramen concentrate and mix evenly. Put the broth in bowls add the drained noodles. Add your preferred toppings and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments below if you’ve used