Perfectly cooked garlic shrimp, sautéed veggies, stir fry noodles AND topped with crispy shallots. These are a few of my favorite things!
*affiliate links, anything purchased through these links help support my blog ❤
This recipe makes a simple garlic and butter broth that goes well with a pile of stir fry noodles! I love to add broccoli, carrots, or mushrooms to make it healthier.
Garlic Shrimp Noodle Stir Fry Recipe
serving size 2-3
- 12 oz stir fry noodles
- 1 lb shelled shrimp
- 2 T avocado oil
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup broth or wine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli, or your choice of veggies
- 3.5 oz baked tofu, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 T sesame oil
- 6 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 T water
- 2 T sriracha
- 1 T brown sugar
- juice from half a lime
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp avocado oil. Add shallots and stir occasionally. season with salt. Cook until golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer shallots to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large skillet over medium high, melt 2 T butter with 1 Tbsp avocado oil. Add half the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, a pinch of salt, a big pinch of red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let broth reduce for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shelled shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Set the shrimp and garlic broth aside in a bowl.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions and keep aside.
- Add sesame oil to the same skillet used for shrimp on medium heat. Stir in veggies and cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic and tofu and cook for one minute. Add soy sauce, water, sriracha, lime juice, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes (if using). Simmer until reduced, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles, shelled shrimp & garlic broth and completely combine. Garnish with crispy shallots and serve immediately.
Need more dinner ideas? Check out my oven roasted honey mustard chicken recipe here
2 Comments Add yours